Greyhound Racing Victoria has introduced new social distancing rules at all race meetings and trials to comply with the Chief Health Officer’s advice around social distancing.
GRV CEO Alan Clayton said the new requirements were:
- Expanded kennelling times prior to the first race;
- Restrictions on the number of people inside rooms/enclosed areas – signage located on all doors;
- Vetting Greyhounds in outdoor areas (where possible);
- Removal of parading in front of the pavilion prior to each race;
- Maintaining a minimum distance of 3 metres when walking Greyhounds to the starting boxes;
- Boxing arrangements altered, called up in the following order – Boxes 1 & 5; Boxes 3 Read full article