Here is your chance to race 2 dogs in the 1 syndicate! These beautifully bred ...
Ipswich Auction Series The Ipswich Greyhound Racing Club 2012 Puppy Auction took place on Saturday 27th ...
- Lessons From The Farm July 22, 2014“If we don’t tell people how carrots are grown they will make up their own stories”. So says the owner of KALFRESH, a southeast Queensland grower, after looking for ways of improving profitability and deciding to launch the farm’s first open day. Expecting just a handful, the first event attracted 100 people, then grew to […]
- John Frewin Fined $150 For Non-Arrival July 22, 2014Offence: Failure to present the greyhound Elite Watch for its engagement at the Warrnambool Greyhound Racing Club meeting on the 19th of June, 2014. Report: Stewards on the 18th of July 2014 conducted an inquiry into an incident that occurred at the Warrnambool Greyhound Racing club meeting on the 19th of June, 2014 where the […]
- RIP Elektra – One Of The All Time Greats July 21, 2014One of Australian Greyhound Racing’s true great stayers passed away today. Elektra was one of the true champions of the modern era and will be greatly missed. ARG was lucky enough to catch up with her proud owner and long term friend Philip Lenehan to discuss the life and career of an all-time favourite. “There […]
- Greyhound Betting Tips Monday 21st July July 21, 2014Albion Park Race 4 – 520M 5th grade – 7.41pm Wilby Special is a talented type who I have been following for a few months now. He was dropped back to short course racing for a period there, but had limited success. He is being stepped back up to 520M racing once again tonight and […]
- Victoria Coursing Club Comes To Lang Lang July 20, 2014This Sunday we headed down the South Gippsland Highway to Lang Lang, home of this year’s Waterloo Cup. Today it was all about the Victoria Coursing Club conducting their meeting at the Lang Lang track and a huge thanks must go out to the Lang Lang Coursing Club committee and volunteers for once again providing […]
- GA appoints new Greyhound Welfare Working Party ChairThursday 17 July 2014 Greyhounds Australasia (GA) is pleased to announce the appointment of prominent greyhound administrator, owner and breeder Mr Steve Hawkins as Chair of GA's Greyhound Welfare Working Party following the retirement of Dr. Geoff Baxter. GA's Welfare Working Party's priority task is overseeing the effective implementation of […]
- Greyhounds Australasia releases Review of Greyhound Export Welfare StandardsTuesday 24 June 2014 Peak national greyhound racing body Greyhounds Australasia (GA) today published its final report into Australian greyhound export welfare standards, with the GA Board accepting each of the report's 12 recommendations including maintaining GA's suspension of the issuance of passports to Macau. read more
- GA endorses National Welfare StrategyWednesday 14 May 2014 The Board of peak industry body Greyhounds Australasia (GA) has endorsed a new national approach to help ensure continued improvement in greyhound welfare outcomes. The national approach has been adopted as a result of the joint Greyhound Welfare strategy announced by Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) and Greyhound Racing New South Wales […]
- Review of Australian Greyhound Export Welfare StandardsFriday 11 April 2014 Greyhounds Australasia (GA) is currently finalising a Review of Australian Greyhound Export Welfare Standards. The draft report was concluded in January this year and is now being considered by the GA Board and member Controlling Bodies. It is expected that the final report will be completed for endorsement by the GA Board on 13 June 201 […]
- Passports to Macau suspendedFriday 11 April 2014 In March 2013, the GA Board placed an interim suspension on the issuing of greyhound passports to Macau. The decision was taken after early investigations as part of GA’s Review of Australian Greyhound Export Welfare Standards found that Macau was not fully compliant with GA’s export standards. GA continues to monitor Macau’s welfare sta […]
The TAB Melbourne Cup features the best of the best competing that greyhound racing has to offer. The $500,000 TAB Melbourne Cup for 2013 The Sandown Greyhound Racing Club will ... Read More»
IN a move that will incense many in the gallops fraternity in Queensland, harness racing – despite its poor turnover performance and dwindling punter appeal – will be rewarded with ... Read More»